At our April meetup this week, we had a great discussion about changing your WordPress theme. After I gave my presentatation, our members chatted about themes, talked about WordPress, and enjoyed delicious slices of pie from Grand Traverse Pie.
I’ve published my talk on my blog, where you can find the nine tips, along with my recommendations for finding themes.
In addition to the presentation, we discussed General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the upcoming 15th WordPress anniversary.
General Data Protection Regulation
Here’s what I mentioned about General Data Protection Regulation at the meetup, along with helpful resources:
- GDPR is a European Union (EU) data privacy law that goes into effect May 25, 2018.
- The aim of the regulation is to protect the personal data and privacy of EU citizens.
- Regardless of your physical location, if you process the personal data of any EU citizen on your website, GDPR applies to you. And your company must be able to show compliance by May 25, 2018.
- GoDaddy has two excellent resources on GDPR. One article explains GDPR compliance for web designers and developers. The second article is a practical guide for moving your site toward GDPR compliance.
- Another excellent resource is how to make a WooCommerce website GDPR Compliant? (12 steps).
- MailChimp has released their GDPR-Compliant Form
Our next meetup is Tuesday, May 15, 2018. Hope you’ll join us!